Friday 4 June 2021

E-Penfriends

     I remember when I was fifteen and I made my first penfriend, it was around the year 10 B.I. (Before Internet) and telephone and post were the only means to contact friends abroad. Writing letters was the only way to keep in touch with my friend Dave in Manchester and get fresh news about Oasis, Man City or the latest fashions in the British Isles as well as one of the best devices to improve my English.

     This year we have begun an e-correspondence program (e-mailing) with a school in Wales. Our former language assistant Ben Jones suggested starting an experience of this type together. Some ten of our ESO1 students (volunteers wanting to have a friend abroad and with the skills to hold such a relationship) have been given a penfriend from Pentrehafod School, the centre where our friend Ben teaches Spanish language. 

     We do not know how far our common interests will take us but I am sure that this can be the beginning of a beautiful frienship.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment